... a biblical perspective on money and possessions in light of eternity

Thursday 16 October 2014

What teaching on wealth does not apply to us?


Can we put Christ before all, deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Him, with no apparent effect on what we do with our money and possessions?

What are we to think of all the current teaching on money and possessions that emphasizes what does not apply to us?  What does apply to us?

My growth in financial stewardship has closely parallelled my overall spiritual growth.  I have learnt more about faith, trust, grace, commitment and God's provision in this area than in any other.

I have also learnt why Paul said --
“For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.” - 2 Corinthians 9:7
I have found that cheerful givers love God and love Him more deeply each time they give.







John Piper and the Prosperity Gospel

Questions about Prosperity and Poverty


No comments:

Post a Comment